Monday 21 August 2017

Places to eat - Mazel Tov, Budapest

Budapest is somewhere I had wanted to visit for a long time. Multiple friends has told me about the hot baths and ruins bars so I was really keen to visit, but it ended up being so much better than I expected. I intend to write a few posts about Budapest as we had such a fun time and there was literally so many different things to do, food to try and places to explore.

On our first day we arrived around at lunch time, found our Air BnB to drop off our bags and went to explore the Jewish Quarter. We had heard of Mazel Tov and therefore planned to go there at some point, but we ended up stumbling across it and decided to go for a late lunch.


Could I please have these lights in my hallway?! I think we were all a bit in awe when we first stood in the entrance of Mazel Tov as we suddenly went from a quiet, dusty street to a really modern hallway with quirky lights and beautiful greenery. The interior is so Pinterest/ instagram-able!


We found ourselves a table and ordered ourselves a drink. The temperature was absolutely boiling when we were there, but Mazel Tov had a lovely shaded outside dining and bar area for us to cool down. We each ordered an alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink and browsed the menus.

The cuisine is Middle Eastern which was simply delicious. Apologies for not getting better pictures of the food - we were all so hungry after our early flight and I didn't want to be "that person"... I was pretty hungry myself too! We all went for something different off the menu but the mix of falafel, chicken, hummus, pitta bread, veg and sweet potato was so delicious. I would honestly go back in a heartbeat, my mouth is actually watering a little bit at the thought of the food.

I actually ordered my first ever Aperol Spritz with the girls at Mazel Tov. They had told me I would either love or hate it, and luckily I loved it as they pretty much became our drink of choice through-out the rest of the holiday. I'm a little bit addicted to these now and they're the perfect cooling down drink!


From the ruin pub entrance alone, you would have no idea that such a cute little restaurant, bar and garden would be inside with such modern decor. I love the hanging ivy surrounding the venue, the painted hamsa hand mural and the buzzing yet relaxed atmosphere. Everything was so nice to look at and even the toilets had fun cowboy saloon doors.


 We enjoyed ourselves so much the first time that we ended up popping back one evening for a little cocktail before heading out to the other ruins bars. The atmosphere at night time was lovely with more of a bar setting and lots of cute fairy lights.

If you would like to visit yourself, the address is: Akacfa utca 47, Budapest 1073, Hungary



Thank you for reading! :)
Have you ever been to Budapest before?
Would you visit Mazel Tov?
Would you like to see more travel posts on my blog?
Love Dani x

42 comments:

  1. It looks like this is an amazing place to stop for a bite to eat in Budapest, I love the design and the food looks tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the food looks great, but the location looks amazing. I love Those Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place looks really interesting, I love the industrial style design. From the outside you wouldn't imagine that it hides such a cosy restaurant. The food looks yummy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha they are right in saying Asporel Spritz is an acquired taste but I happen to like it. Budapest would be an amazing place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right - very instagrammable! The cuisine is exactly my taste too. I don't love aperol spritz but found a new aperitif in Italy last year - the Hugo which is perfect for mojito lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing and the evening setting is exactly the kind I like: lots of chilled bars to just sit and enjoy a drink under pretty lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous place to visit! It really is perfect for Instagram, I'd be taking thousands of photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab looking place for an evening meal I love the lighting. The food looks delicous too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a totally hip and funky place to get a meal with good friends....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I friggin' love Budapest, we didn't eat at Mazel Tov but it looks incredible. All of the ruin bars were so cool and I just found it to be so cultured. I want to go back so badly now! xx

    Abby | Eärendil

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to Budapest a while back so wish I knew of this place then. It looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been to Budapest twice but want to go back again sometime and I'd love to eat here as I love that type of food x

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the pics! Haven't been to budapest before but I'd love to visit x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mazel Tov looks amazing! I have wanted to visit Budapest for the longest time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to Budapest next month!! Too bad I'm a veggie though... any veggie options here?

    Oliver x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh enjoy your visit! Yes there was actually lots of veggie options in Budapest, the falafel and hummus pitta from here was lovely :) x

      Delete
  16. Budapest looks lovely! I have never been but it has always been one of those places that intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Budapest is one of my favorite place. Thanks for this article, I have never been to this restaurant. I love the setup of the place. Very relaxing. - ANOSA

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't visited Budapest yet. This looks like a great place to stop and eat. The Aperol Spritz looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this place looks amazing, I would love to visit here. Budapest is on my list of places to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My daddy has been to Budapest before, but we've yet to travel as a family. This looks like such a quirky place, no wonder you kept returning. We love the fusion between the old and the new!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Budapest - I have never been but do want to go - The restaurant Mazel tov looks lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh this restaurant is #onfleek Those lights are definitely worthy of your home's interiors. The relaxed vibe and climbing vines gave this restaurant a chilled out, botanical, feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Budapest is an amazing city! I really want to go back one day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. these photos are great!
    can i make a suggestion though? Im not sure what the mobile version looks like but on desktop the text is quite small to read x

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a stunning place to be , im so very envious , its so pretty and youve taken some wonderful pics

    ReplyDelete
  26. That sounds like a place to go chill and enjoy especially at night where those beautiful lights are out. The food looks amazing and the interior is stunningly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really want to visit Budapest and your photos really brought it alive....makes me want to visit even more.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Omg I'm going to Budapest in November - it's going to be bloody freezing! So glad I found your blog. Definitely going to hit up Mazel Tov. Just followed on Twitter, would love to see more posts from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow this place looks incredible what a lovely place to stop for food :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This place looks cool and I do love and Aperol spritz. I have been to Budapest but it was for a very quick 24 hour break one November. I don't feel I experienced the city and need to go back but still haven't made it there yet x

    ReplyDelete
  31. the place looks absolutely cool and funky, great one to go out with friends! Aperol Spritz I love it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I went to Budapest last September and can honestly say that it is one of my favourite places in the world. The architecture and people are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  33. This place looks amazing, I would love to visit Budapest it sounds like a beautiful place to visit. Looks like you had an awesome time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Budapest is such a fun and gorgeous location! Where you ate looks beautiful. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  35. oooh there looks like there are some fab places! I want to go to Budapest next year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would love to visit Budapest one day. And Mazel Tov looks like a fab place to eat. I will have to remember it :)

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  37. This restaurant looks AMAZING! I wish I had known about it when I was in Budapest. Aperol Spritz are lush! Sounds like you had an amazing time 😊

    Lon x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Budapest looks like a lovely place! Looks like you had a great time:)

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  39. Loved this post! photos look fab it looks like you had a great time! I really wanna go now!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow this looks amazing! I've never been, but this makes me want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  41. They all look delicious and I love the pictures. This makes me want to visit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read and appreciate every single one!
If you have left me a question I shall answer it so please check back :)

Dani x

Twitter - @floraldanielle
instagram - @floraldanielleblog