This weekend I am off to Brownstock Festival in Essex with my uni housemate and some friends. I have been typing myself up a festival checklist anyway, constantly adding to it when I thought of new things so I thought I may aswell make it into a blog post so that I can go back to it each year as a reminder, and you guys can read it too for when you go!
- Outwear: Kimonos, cardigans, jumpers, leather jacket, denim jacket, pac-a-mac
- All in ones: Dresses, playsuits, pinafores, two pieces
- Singulars: Tops, long sleeved tops, crop tops, skirts, shorts, leggings
- Shoes: Wellies, jellies, Converse, Vans, boots
- Socks, thigh high socks for with wellies, underwear, swimwear (just in case!), pjs
I haven't actually decided what I'm wearing yet so I've just taken a picture of possible clothing, including some neccesary MINKPINK, crochet and my new Moomin pajamas ;). I imagine I will be spending the majority of my time in smock dresses with my Converse unless it's really muddy then I'll crack out the wellies and knee high socks!
- Jewellery: Necklaces, earrings, rings, bracelets, watch
- Floral headcrowns, headchains, hats, bandanas, stick on face gems
- Scarves, shawls, sunglasses, fake nails
- Shoulder bag with a zip, bumbag with a zip
So I have three floral headcrowns and multiple necklaces and rings so I think I'm okay on the accessories front. This studded bumbag was only £2 in the Primark sale and is gonna be on me all weekend with all the essentials. I'm going to use these fake black nails for the weekend so I don't need to worry about chipped nails!
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, toothbrush holder, chewing gum
- Baby wipes, face wipes, eye make up remover pads, cotton buds, deodorant, perfume, moisturiser
- Hair bands, hair clips, scrunchie, hair brush, hair spray, Batiste dry shampoo (the best!)
- Toilet roll, tissues, fake tan, fake tan mitt
- SPF and sun protection, insect spray, plasters, prescribed medicines
- Paracetamol, pro-plus (for energy), Imodium (just in case!), cough sweets, antibacterial hand gel
If there's no showers at the festival, or you just can't be bothered to queue for them, baby wipes are an absolute must for a morning tent wash. A scrunchie is good as you won't have straighteners all weekend, so it allows you to tie your hair up without getting that annoying kink. Cough sweets will be necessary for the morning after when you've been drinking and screaming all night long, and hand sanitizer is also a must as I'm sure most toilets won't have working taps and soap.
If there is a shower available
- Shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, sponge, razors
- In shower moisturiser, daily face wash
I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with bringing shower stuff, as when I've been to festivals before I've been fine with just using baby wipes.
- Foundation, BB cream, concealer, powder
- Blusher, bronzer, highligher, make up brushes, eye cream
- Red lipstick, pink lipstick, nude lipstick, burgundy lipstick
- Mascara, eyelash curlers, eyeliner, eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil
The four coloured lipsticks I mostly use are nude, pink, red and burgundy so I'll definitely be packing all of these! Concealer will be necessary for the mornings with barely any sleep, as will the eye cream, and BB cream is good if you really can't be bothered to put much make up on! I haven't seen these Girls Aloud lashes for a while so I was really happy to find them on the Lloyd's Pharmacy website, and the Sarah ones were always my favourite!
- Festival ticket, money, purse, phone
- Tent, roll mat, sleeping bag, pillow
- Food, snacks, alcohol in plastic bottles, torch
- Disposable camera, digital camera, camera batteries
- Fold up chair
- Mirror to do your make up in
- Portable phone charger, wind up torch
- Ear plugs to help you sleep
- Empty bottle of water to fill up
- Cups and cutlery
- A lock for your bag if you leave it in the tent
- Bin liners, gaffa tape (for fixing tents!)
- Lighters, matches
Same with these, I'm not sure exactly how many of these I'm actually going to take with me as I don't have half of them! I'd quite like to get my hands on a torch before I go as getting ready in the pitch black won't be fun! A fold up chair would be nice, but as I'm getting the train there, it might not be the easiest journey!
Thanks for reading :)
I hope this helps you, even just to check you haven't forgotten some bits!
Please let me know if I've forgotten something as I'm leaving tomorrow morning!
Love Dani :)