Monday 15 July 2013

A long weekend away to Bognor Regis and Arundel!

Me and Joe have just come back from a little weekend getaway. Most Summers we stay in his nan's caravan holiday home, and it's so nice to be able to get away and be so close to the beach. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous so we've spent our time chilling outside with a book, going down to the beach for a paddle and exploring some of the local charity shops! We also decided to celebrate Joe's birthday together and I let him open his pressies early as it's next week but I'm super busy with my internship and uni work (and I'm off to Latitude festival) that we probably won't see each other much!


We spent the first day at Bognor Regis beach. The weather was swelteringly hot, not that I'm complaining AT ALL! It just so happened that the day we went there, the Red Bull 'Bognor Birdman' was happening. It is where contestants jump off the edge of Bognor Pier with their hand crafted flying machines! It wasn't as epic as I thought it would be though, it was very long winded and we gave up watching after about half an hour, but it was still funny while we did watch! I love being by the beach, and had a nice time lounging in the sun with Joe and an ice cream :)


We spent the second day at a lovely little town called Arundel. It was really scenic and had so many cobbled streets with one-off little vintage shops. In the morning we visited a carboot sale we found, but unfortunately we were quite late for it and found nothing! We explored the streets and the castle, had a yummy lunch and came across a cute little fudge shop that we had to buy from! We then rummaged around some charity shops and treated ourselves to some ice cream!


Lastly, we found this vintage 'Aladdin's Cave' type shop which we both fell in love with. I fell in love with all the vintage lamps, clothing and homewear, and Joe fell in love with the camera room. He shoots film photography mostly, so this room was like an absolute dream, and the man who owned it was so lovely! I had never actually seen so many cameras in one room!


Here are the goodies I bought Joe for his 22nd birthday. It's not til Wednesday but I much preferred opening them together on our little holiday! We usually try to spend about £50/60 on each other and see how many little gifts we can get each other including picking things up from carboot sales and charity shops. I think I did really well this time and he loved them all! These include film photography books, silly pig cooking utensils (we're both obsessed with pigs), tattooed plasters, a gun wall hanging, beard elixir, bamboo socks, vintage style glasses, a guitar strap and t-shirts from Abandoned Ship and Homesick Clothing.


The above sign 'Give peas a chance' is on the M25 and it means that we're nearly home! We spent plenty of time driving around from town-to-town so it was lovely to chill out and listen to some music together. We listened to a lot of songs that we used to listen to when we first started going out which was nice and brought back lots of memories! Here are some of them if you fancy a listen:

 

 

 



Thanks for reading :)
I hope you've been enjoying this gorgeous weather!
Love Dani
x

9 comments:

  1. Aww, love these pics! And the gifts to Joe look so nice, especially in that wrapping! ;)

    www.kristianavasarina.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'm made of wax Larry what are you made of is SUCH an amazing song, looove it :) Looks like you had a lovely time away together and I loved the photos!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely felt like I was with you on this trip, lol. I am so jealous I wish I could get away. I wonder what the vintage shops are like in foreign countries. Thanks for sharing!!

    Raven Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cute! I love that first picture of the beach huts! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a lovely time together and that you had nice sunny weather! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww this is so cute Danielle! You really are a top girlfriend! His presents look beaut! Glad you two had a nice trip ^.^
    IN MY SUNDAY BEST
    XOXO Sade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww looks like you had such a great time. I used to go to University in Chichester which is really close by and its beautiful down there. Every time I drove home from Uni I would pass the 'Give peas a chance' sign on the M25 ha! That camera shop looks like my dream place! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read and appreciate every single one!
If you have left me a question I shall answer it so please check back :)

Dani x

Twitter - @floraldanielle
instagram - @floraldanielleblog